View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root: The latest smartphone generation is the best compared to the earlier versions. Android is an open-source platform, and it provides the best features a smartphone can ever get. To be precise, every operating System is best at its level. But, android brings some extra functionalities to smartphones.
You might have been looking for a guide to view saved WiFi passwords on an android phone. There is no doubt. You come across the right web page over the internet. It is possible to view saved WiFi passwords on an android without rooting a smartphone.
Let me be clear; Android hasn’t provided an official solution to this problem. It is a complex process to view passwords without a root. But, there are some methods available to see saved WiFi passwords on android without root.
How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root?
There is nothing ethical in this process. It is simple and only shows you the password of ‘already accessed.’ networks. You must connect your device with an available WiFi network.
You might have seen an option ‘Share the WiFi Password via QR.’ on most android phones. You can check if your smartphone has such a feature.
You can use this feature to find the correct password for the connected network.
To do this, follow this process:
- Open your smartphone and visit the settings section.
- Tap on WiFi.
- Just connect with an available network.
- You will see a small gear icon near the connected wireless network. Just tap on it.
- You will find the QR option below on the screen. (Refer to the image)
- Tap on the option and save the QR code as an image.
- After that, open the Play Store and look for the QR Scanner application.
- Download and install it on your smartphone.
- Open the QR Scanner and import the generated QR code.
- You can now view the saved WiFi Password using this method.
Using the above-given method, you can view the saved WiFi passwords on android without root. The above-given process is simple and easy to use.
As mentioned, download the required application and proceed further.
How to Find a WiFi Password (WiFi Router)
Sometimes, people do not remember their WiFi passwords. There is no need to worry. You can view or reset using the WiFi admin panel. Most internet service providers or broadband connections provide admin access to the customers.
The customers can use admin access to make changes to their WiFi network. For instance, I prefer checking the process below.
- You have to open the admin panel of your router.
- Open the computer or android browser and enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Visit the admin panel. You have to log in using the admin credentials.
- You can make a first-time login attempt using the default login id and password ‘admin.’
- Tap on the login button and go through the settings page.
- Tap on the WLAN settings and under the passwords option. Tap on the ‘show password.’ button, and the password will get visible on the screen.
How to see saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root (File Explorer)
Have you been feeling lazy? It happens if the above-given process does not work for you. You can view saved WiFi passwords on android without root using the FX File Explorer application.
FX File Explorer is a file manager that helps people access system files. It does not require any root access.
- It can take backups.
- It can help people remove unwanted and junk files.
- People can hide pictures or documents.
- People can transfer files between two android phones.
We are done reading the good part. But, let’s come to the bad part. FX File Explorer does not work on all smartphones. You can try and see if it works for you.
- First, open the FX File Explorer application.
- You have to tap on the System Folder.
- You can directly navigate to System>etc.> WiFi.
- Look for the file named wpa_supplicant.conf and open it.
- You can open the file using a built-in viewer or HTML viewer.
- This file consists of all the saved passwords information. You can open and find them.
The FX File Explorer is the best application to access the system files. There is no need to root the smartphone.
WiFi Password Recovery Applications 2023
Have you gone through the above sections of this article? If not, try following the above solutions before trying any third-party applications. A password recovery application should be appropriate if you do not want to perform any additional steps to view saved WiFi passwords.
There are two applications available to complete such a task.
- WiFi Recovery Pro
- WPS WPA Tester Premium
You can use the above-given two applications to view the saved passwords of your wireless network. These applications are trusted and famous over the internet. We even mentioned the installation and another process below.
#1. WiFi Recovery Pro
WiFi Password Recovery Pro requires root access. You have to root your device before installing and using this application.
- First, download and install the WiFi Recovery Pro application.
- Open the application and provide superuser access.
- You can now view all the networks connected to your device.
- Select the network and tap on the view password.
- You can view saved WiFi passwords on Android phones using this application.
#2. WPS WPA Tester Premium
The second application helps people recover their WiFi password and help hack it. It is one of the best performing applications to view saved passwords on the android device. Moreover, it does not require root access.
- First, download and install the WPS WPA Tester Premium application.
- Open the application.
- Navigate to the home screen and find available networks.
- Select any network and tap on the red signal.
- Select no root as an option.
- Tap on the connected automatic pin.
- That’s all. You will see the saved password from the list.
You may also like to read:
- One-Click Root APK Download Latest Version for Android
- Cheat Engine APK – Download Latest No Root Version
- 360 Super Root Apk Download for Android (Latest)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have any queries? Yes. There is no need to worry. You will find all the commonly asked questions in this section. We can’t answer individually.
Just check on this section, and if your query is not listed here, then comment below.
How long does it take to view saved WiFi Passwords on an Android phone?
It takes a maximum of 10-15 minutes to view saved WiFi Passwords on an Android phone. It depends on your phone speed and the connected network. Sometimes, it takes longer than usual due to a lower processor or internet connection.
Do we have to root our android device to see the passwords?
Although, we have added a process to ‘View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root.’ But, some processes require a rooted smartphone if the above-given solutions are not working for you.
Then, you need to provide root access.
How long does the android system work to get us the saved passwords?
Again, it depends on the smartphone processor. As mentioned earlier, it takes a minimum of 10-15 minutes to get the saved passwords details. An application like FX File Explorer takes a longer time than usual.
Are third-party password managers trusted?
Yes, password managers are trusted until you are using any third-party application. Primarily, the trusted platforms use an inbuilt password manager to store them.
You can find some trusted applications on the google play store.
Can we use the WPS WPA Tester Premium app to view saved passwords?
THE WPS WPA Tester Premium app is one of the best performing applications to view saved passwords on Android devices. You can use this application anytime to get the password information.
Does the WiFi password recovery app require root access?
Yes, it does require root access. You cannot use Password Recovery without a rooted smartphone.
How is it safe to hack WiFi?
Hacking WiFi is an illegal process. We do not recommend our readers to use any such application that supports such tasks.
The Bottom Line
Starting with Android ten or above, people can now view the saved WiFi passwords on their android smartphone. It does not matter whether your phone is rooted or not. We will help you find out how to view saved wireless network passwords.
Please remember this; you will only get to view the passwords for the network you have connected to in the past. We are not adding any ethical process to hack any WiFi network.
There is a simple process to view WiFi passwords on an android smartphone by going to the settings and wireless networks. You can tap on the QR code to see saved WiFi passwords on Android phones. (You need to scan the code, though)
Additionally, you will find the other methods that will help you view the saved passwords of your wireless networks. Some methods require root access, and some don’t. Furthermore, you can check on your queries in the FAQ section. If your question is not mentioned over there, then comment below.