Are you facing YouTube Error 400? Do you want to know how to fix youtube error 400? If yes, you are not alone because I recently stumbled upon the same issue, which was very frustrating. When I started looking at the problem and started researching it, I found out that it is a very common problem YouTube users face, but sadly, there is no official explanation or solution for this error.
Even after spending a couple of hours reading multiple journals and forums, I couldn’t get why I faced this YouTube Error 400. So, I decided to troubleshoot the problem and share a guide on how to fix YouTube Error 400 with other YouTube users.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started-
How to Fix YouTube Error 400? (10 Ways)
This error is very common and mostly appears with the following message:
“400. That’s an error. Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.”
Obviously, the message mentioned above doesn’t clearly explain why you are dealing with the issue. Therefore, all the methods that we have mentioned here are possible walkarounds that you can try to fix YouTube Error 400.
Read | Err_Cache_Miss Error (FIXED) Google Chrome
#1. Try reloading your webpage.
If the error is caused by a temporary issue such as a bad request or corrupted webpage loading, then reloading the webpage can fix YouTube Error 400.
First, try reloading your webpage simply by clicking on the reload button or pressing the F5 hotkey from your keyboard. If that will not fix the issue, try the hard reload option by pressing CTRL + F5 hotkey simultaneously.
Even after a hard reload, the issue persists, then you can try restarting your PC and then open YouTube again on your web browser. But even if this method doesn’t work, try following the next solution.
#2. Clear Cache and Cookies from your browser
Another possible reason why this error is occurring can be cache and cookie memory. Basically, what happens is when we send a request to the YouTube server, your browser tries to load files that have already been cached on your computer.
Your browser does this to improve the website’s loading time, but sometimes, this thing backfires, and people end up receiving such errors or crashed websites.
Therefore, to fix such errors like YouTube Error 400, you can try clearing cache and cookies from your browser.
Below, I have mentioned a step-by-step guide on how to clear cache and cookies from the Chrome web browser. The process to clear cache and cookies on other browsers will be somewhat similar.
- First of all, click on the three-dot menu button.
- Now, navigate to the “More Tools” option and click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Here, you have to select the “Time Range” to “All Time” to clear the cache memory stored throughout the time.
- Enable the Cached Images and Files, Cookies, and other site data options as well.
- Click on the “Clear Data” option to delete cache and cookies.
- Restart your browser.
After following this method, the issue may get fixed. However, do note that clearing cookies will also make it slower to load some websites, and you have to log in again to some websites.
Therefore, if you don’t want to delete the cache and cookies for all websites, you can delete these files specifically for YouTube only. To do that, you have to follow these simple steps-
- First of all, click on the three-dot button and then select the Settings option.
- Select the Privacy and Security option from the left sidebar and click on the Cookies and other site data options.
- Scroll down on the page until you see the “See all cookies and site data” option and click on it.
- You will see a search box on this page, type “YouTube,” and it will bring all the cached data and cookies for YouTube.
- Now, you will see a “Remove all shown” button. You have to click on it.
- A confirmation box will appear. You have to confirm the deletion of cookies and other site data for YouTube.
- Relaunch your browser.
After that, you have to go to YouTube and see if the YouTube Error 400 is gone or not. This method will most commonly solve the issue for you, but you can try the following methods if the problem is still available.
Read | [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error: 6 Methods To Fix It
#3. Open YouTube in Incognito Mode
If the issue is caused due to browser, cache, extension, or other site data, you can try using Incognito Mode or Private Mode to get rid of it. This method will fix the problem immediately and make it easy to understand why you were facing this in the first place.
Ergo, you can take action accordingly to fix this issue permanently.
To open an Incognito or Private tab, you have to follow these steps-
- Click on the three-dot menu option in Chrome or the Hamburger Menu icon in Firefox.
- If you are using Chrome, you will see the New Incognito Window option, while on Firefox, you will see the New Private Window option. Click on it.
- A new browser window will open. Here, type YouTube.com in the address bar and see if it gives error 400.
If the issue will be fixed in Incognito Mode, most commonly, the problem occurs due to any of your extensions or site’s stored data. I am assuming that you have already deleted cache and cookie data, and therefore, the only possible reason that remains is a faulty extension.
If that is the case, you can follow the below-mentioned guide to fix YouTube Error 400 easily.
#4. Fix YouTube Error 400 by disabling troublesome extensions
To do so, you have to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, disable all extensions or add-ons on your browser.
- Now, open YouTube on a new browser window.
- Once the webpage loads successfully, start enabling extensions one by one and reload the YouTube page repeatedly.
- Follow the step until you find out which extension is causing this YouTube Error 400.
- Once you find out the extension that is causing this YouTube Error 400, remove it permanently or disable it for the time being.
This is a great way to fix this error if it is triggered because of any extension.
#5. Reset Browser Settings
If this issue isn’t triggered due to a faulty extension, then the best bet for you would be resetting your browser settings to default. The good thing is that it won’t take much time to do so, and also, it is straightforward.
To reset your browser’s settings, you have to follow these simple steps:
- First of all, click on the three-dot menu option.
- Now, select the Settings option.
- Here, you have to click on the Advanced Settings option.
- Scroll down until you see the Reset Settings to their original default option and click on it.
- A pop-up will appear for confirmation. You have to allow it.
- Restart your browser.
After that, go to YouTube to see if the problem has been solved or not.
Read | Grammarly Review: Is Grammarly Premium Worth It?
#6. Reinstall your browser
Since this issue mainly occurs because of your browser and you have tried almost everything to fix it, the only thing that remains to do is reinstalling your web browser. This is a sure-fire way to fix such issues, but this will also remove all your stored data.
However, if you cannot afford to lose your data, then alternatively, what you can do is install a different browser to use YouTube. For example, if right now you are using Chrome, then install Firefox. On the other hand, if you face issues in both browsers, try installing Opera or Brave.
Also, make sure to keep your browser updated to the latest version. Sometimes, compatibility issues can also be the reason why you face such issues.
How to Fix YouTube Error 400 on Android / iPhone?
Sadly, this issue does not only persist on web browsers, and many smartphone users have encountered it on their smartphones. So, if you are dealing with YouTube Error 400 on the smartphone, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix it immediately.
Read | 11 Best Chrome Video Downloader Extensions (Updated)
#7. Check your internet connection.
Start with checking your internet connection. Then, you can open other applications and see if the internet is working properly or not. You can also try enabling the Flight Mode for a couple of minutes and then disable it. See if it fixes the issue and if not, follow the next step.
#8. Check your Date and time.
Sometimes, such server errors can be caused due to incorrect time and date settings. To see if that’s the reason, follow these steps:
- Go to your smartphone’s settings.
- Select the General Management option.
- Tap on the Date and time option.
- Enable the Automatic Date and time option.
- Restart your smartphone.
After that, see if the issue is fixed or not. If not, follow the following method.
#9. Update YouTube Application.
As I already told you, sometimes, these errors can be triggered due to compatibility issues, and therefore, if you want to fix that, updating your firmware to the latest version can be an easy way.
So, if you are facing this issue on your smartphone, go to the App Store and update the YouTube client to the latest version. Updating the YouTube app to the latest version may fix this issue for you.
Read | Grammarly Free Trial (11 Legit Ways) Premium FREE Trial
#10. Force stop the YouTube app and clear app data.
Lastly, if nothing helps to fix the issue for you, you can try clearing the cache and other data of the YouTube app. The process to do that is very simple:
- First of all, go to the settings and tap on the Apps option.
- Now, select the YouTube app.
- First, click on the Force Stop button.
- After that, tap on the storage option.
- Here, you have to click on the Clear Data button to clear all the YouTube app data stored over time.
- Open the YouTube app and see if the issue is fixed or not.
This will definitely fix the YouTube Error 400 for you, but you will lose all data. This data will include cache memory and the YouTube videos that you have made offline.
The bottom line
So, this was a detailed guide containing multiple hit-and-try methods to fix YouTube Error 400. YouTube Error 400 is a widespread issue and mainly occurs due to bad client response, browser issues, extensions, or compatibility reasons.
Therefore, the methods mentioned above will definitely help you fix this problem. Try these methods mentioned above one by one and see which one works for you. Also, let us know which method helps you fix this problem for you to help other fellow readers.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. I hope it was helpful for you. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.