Wondering how to save a GIF from Twitter that you liked while scrolling your timeline? If that is the case, then you have stumbled upon the right page. Here I will share the best methods that you can follow to save a GIF from Twitter easily. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter?
GIFs have become an essential part of social media sites, and even Twitter is not spared from them. On a day-to-day basis, people use these GIFs on Twitter while either tweeting something or responding to other people’s tweets. Therefore, there are pretty good chances that you might have come across a GIF on your Twitter feed that you liked a lot and now want to save it to your gallery.
But saving a GIF from Twitter is not that easy as it is for saving images. It is because whenever someone uploads a GIF on Twitter, it automatically gets converted to a video file. Sadly, Twitter doesn’t officially allow users to download any media file except images from its platform. It is the main reason downloading GIFs from Twitter becomes a bit tricky.
But on the plus side, we have a plethora of options available that can help us deal with this issue. The good thing is that these solutions are available for all sorts of digital devices where you can access Twitter. Below, I am going to share my favorite methods that you can follow to save a GIF from Twitter.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter on Android device using Tweet2Gif:
For those who own an Android device, downloading a GIF is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is download an app named Tweet2Gif. It is an app freely available on Google Play Store.
You can download the app using this link, and once you get the app installed on your smartphone, you have to provide it access to the media files on your smartphone. Don’t worry; the app doesn’t collect your personal data.
The process of saving a GIF from Twitter using Tweet2Gif is straightforward. Follow the steps mentioned below, and you are good to go:
- First of all, make sure that you have allowed Tweet2Gif access to your phone storage and media files. It is necessary to follow; otherwise, the method will not work.
- Now, open the Twitter app on your smartphone and select the GIF you want to download.
- Click on the GIF file to see the larger version, and then tap on the sharing icon placed at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- On Android, you will see a bunch of options to share the GIF file. You have to find Tweet2gif and select it.
- It will take you to the Tweet2Gif app, and here you can see a button “Download GIF.” Tap on that button.
That’s it. Within a few seconds, the download will get started, and the GIF file will get saved on your Android smartphone. Most probably, you will be able to see that GIF file on your Android smartphone’s gallery.
That was the first method that you can follow to save a GIF from Twitter on your Android smartphone. However, if you own an iOS device, you can follow the procedure I have mentioned below to save GIF on your device.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter on iPhone & iPad:
The method to save a GIF from Twitter on an iOS device is not much different from Android. The only difference is that you have to use the app named GIFwrapped instead of Tweet2Gif on iOS.
The process to install GIFwrapped on your iPhone or iPad device is fairly straightforward. You just have to head over to Apple App Store and search for GIFwrapped and install the app. You can also use this direct download link to download the app without any hassle.
Once the GIFwrapped app gets installed on your smartphone, you have to follow these simple steps to save any GIF from Twitter.
- First of all, open Twitter and find the GIF you want to save on your iOS device.
- Tap on the GIF file, and at the bottom right corner, you will see the sharing button. You have to tap on it.
- Here, you would see three different options to choose from. Select the “Share Tweet via…” button, and it will open the sharing menu.
- You have to choose the “Copy Link” option from this sharing menu.
- Now, open the GIFwrapped app, and on the search box, paste the link that you just copied.
- It will show you the GIF file. You have to select it and tap on the download icon situated at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- After that, you would see a bunch of sharing options. You have to choose the “Save to Library” option, which will save the GIF file to your camera roll.
This method will help you save GIFs from Twitter on your iOS device.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter on a Computer or Mac:
Now that we have shared guides on saving GIFs from Twitter on Android and iOS devices, it is time to share the method to do the same on PCs and other devices that support a web browser.
Even Android and iOS users can follow this method to save GIF files on their respective devices. But on smartphone devices, I prefer using dedicated apps as they make things more convenient. Nevertheless, it is entirely up to you.
To save a GIF from Twitter on a computer, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, head over to your Twitter feed and select the GIF file you want to download and copy the link to that tweet.
- Now open the TwitterVideoDownloader.com website. You can follow this link to visit the Twitter GIF Downloader page.
- Here, on the “Paste Tweet URL Here:” box, paste the Tweet link that you copied earlier and click on the “Download” button, and it will start showing the GIF image on the top of your screen.
- Now you have to scroll down the page to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Download Video” button.
That will start downloading the GIF file on your computer.
The good thing about EZGif is that you can not only use it to download GIF files, but you can also use it to edit GIFs by resizing them, adding layers, or optimizing them. Also, it is straightforward to use.
The bottom line
So, these were some of the best methods for solving your query – how to save a GIF from Twitter?
Saving GIFs from Twitter is not so difficult, but it indeed becomes a bit tricky as Twitter converts all the GIFs to video files. But by following the methods that we shared with you above, you can easily save GIFs from Twitter. Depending on your OS, you can select the right technique that sounds suitable for you.
With that said, here I am wrapping up the article. I hope it helped you with your query. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to answer them ASAP.